100g all-purpose flour or ( 50g bread flour and 50g cake flour )
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
100g unsalted butter - at room temperature
120g white sugar
1 large size egg
110ml butter milk (or milk)
1 tablespoon coconuts oil
For the frosting :
110g unsalted butter - at room temperature
250g confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon orange flower water
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
2 tablespoon milk
Preheat the oven to 190 C degrees.
1. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder and fine salt. Sift them (all dry ingredients) and put them aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together softened butter and sugar. Whisk them at high until light and fluffy. Gradually add egg and coconuts oil each in turn. Mix them in each case.
3. Add 1/3 flour mixture to wet ingredients and combine. Add 1/2 buttermilk (or milk) and mix well. Add 1/3 flour mixture and mix. Add the rest of buttermilk (or milk) and mix. Add the rest of flour mixture. Stir well until combined and the batter should be very smooth.
4. Put the batter into lined cupcake pan with small size spoon about 1cm thick. Then drop a small amount of Nutella into the center. Top up with the rest of batter to cover the filling. (barely over halfway)
5. Place into the oven and bake them for about 18-20 mins. Don't over bake:) Remove the cupcakes from oven to cool them down completely.
6. In a medium size bowl, beat softened butter and confectioner's sugar at low to medium speed until light and fluffy! Add vanilla paste, milk and orange flower water. Beat them until combined well.