1. In a skillet with about 1/3 inch of vegetable oil, bring to temperature for frying, place eggplants in, fry a few minutes and stir frequently to prevent it from burning until fragrant, soften and golden.
2. Take them out of the oil and place them onto a plate covered with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
3. In a another medium non-stick fry pan, heat the olive oil and then add garlic and onion over a medium to high heat. Fry until the garlic and onion are lightly golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Add eggplant and fry until the eggplant is tender. (about 2 to 3 mins)
4. Add all the seasoning ingredients gradually and simmer over low heat with the lid for about 15 mins, stir frequently to prevent burning.
5. Spread eggplant mixture on sliced toasts immediately and sprinkle scallion(optional) on top. You can also serve your eggplants with steamed rice.
Note : Add some chili if you like it. Guaranteed yummy :)