1. Place the potatoes in a medium pot, add cold water to cover the top of potatoes. Heat on high and bring water to boiling. Reduce heat to low and cook the potatoes until tender about 10 to 15 mins or until you can poke through them with a fork easily. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
2. Transfer the potatoes into a medium bowl, and mash them until smooth. Combine garlic, onion, carrots, ham, shredded cheese together and mix well, gently. with a wood spatula.
3. Add all seasoning ingredient, salt, pepper, chia seeds, garlic powder and curry powder and mix them well to combine evenly. Let it cool down completely before wrapping.
4. Make the dipping sauce - Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Put it aside.
5. Cut the spring roll pastry into a triangle. Combine the flour and boiling water in a small bowl to make a paste, this paste will be the glue to seal the edges of the spring rolls.
6. Scoop about 2 tbsp of filling onto the wrapper. roll up the wrapper (see photos) and seal the edges with the glue.
7. Heat up the oil (for deep-frying) to about 170C degree. Try to dip a chopstick in the oil : When small bubbles start to form around it, it means the oil is hot enough to use. Dip a few spring rolls at a time in the oil and keep turning them to brown evenly. Drain on a plate over paper towels.
8. Serve hot with the dipping sauce you have prepared.