1. Add all bread ingredients in the pan of your bread machine (as per manufacturer instructions). Select dough cycle and press start.
2. When the dough cycle is complete, remove it from the machine and place on the floured surface.
3. Divide the dough into 8 even pieces. Roll into balls and put them on lined baking trays. Leave them for about 1 hour or until they double in size.
4. Heat oven to 200 degree.
5. Brush the bread with egg and sprinkle some nib sugars. Bake for about 10 to 11 mins or until golden. Remove from the heat and let them cool on a wire rack. Set aside.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolk, sugar, vanilla, honey until combined well, then add sifted flour. Mix well until combined well. Pour the milk over the egg mixture little by little to avoid clumping and mix well.
7. Strain the mixture and pour in to the saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring continuously. Once the custard thickens, transfer to the bowl and cover with plastic wrap that touches the cream and place in the refrigeratour until cool.
(When the custard is cool)
Whip the heavy cream at medium speed using an electric mixer till firm. Combine the cooled custard cream and whipped cream gently.
8. Spread the filling on the bottom brioche using the spatula and place the top brioche onto it to cover.