1. In a small bowl, add all ingredient A and leave it for about 15 mins. In another one, soak the lotus in vinegar water for 30 mins. Drain, then dust them with flour. Set aside.
2. Add the shrimps mix from #1 and ingredient B in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Transfer into the medium bowl and add chopped scallion, garlic and ginger. Mix well evenly.
3. On a floured slice of lotus root, place about 2 tbsp shrimp filling and spread. Cover another slice of lotus root on top and press down to make a sandwich!
4. Coat with flour, thinly.
5. In a frying sauce pan, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat and place the lotus. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 7 to 8 mins with a lid on top. Flip the lotus and cook for about 5 to 7 mins.
6. Remove the lid and then cook both side until nicely golden brown.
7. Choose sauce 1 or sauce 2 : just mix the ingredient which you choose in a small cup. Serve with the lotus sandwich!
1. In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
2. Season pork with pepper and salt.
3. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. When the oil is hot enough, place pork slices in the frying pan. Cook on the first side for about 2 to 3 mins. Then flip them and cook for another 2 to 3 more minutes or until nicely brown.
4. Pour the sauce which you made at #1 over the pork and simmer for about 5 to 10 mins.