1. In a heat-safe bowl, add chocolate (80g) and microwave for 1 minute at 600W. Mix to melt the chocolate. Microwave another 10 seconds if the chocolate is not melted yet. Repeat until melt completely.
2. Spread melted chocolate over a parchment paper thinly and put it freezer and leave it until firm.
Making the ice cream
3. In a bowl add egg yolk. Pour the milk little by little, and mix. Transfer to a small pan and add sugar. Heat up to 75~80℃ over medium heat, then add the fresh mint leaves. Bring the heat down to low and simmer for 3 min, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
4. In a heat-safe bowl, add inverted sugar and milk mixture. Mix well to melt completely. Cover and let it cool down completely in a cold water bath.
5. Take out the chocolate sheet from the freezer and crush it into small pieces. Put it back to the freezer until the ice cream is ready.
6. Once the ice cream mixture has cooled down, transfer it to a bowl, using a sieve. Add a little food coloring (green, and natural is better) if you like. No coloring is ok too :) Add heavy cream and mix.
7. Transfer the ice cream mixture into your compressor ice cream maker and let it run according to manufacturer's instructions. It should take 40~60min, depending on how cold the mixture is. In case, you should let it run until the mixture turns thick and creamy.
8. When done, bring out the chocolate from the freezer and mix the chocolate flakes with the mint ice cream. Transfer the ice cream to a storage container. Chill until it has set!