1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (mix with 1 tsp instant coffee powder if you like.)
For the cake top
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Cut a piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom and sides of a jelly-roll pan.
2. Sift flour into a medium bowl and set aside. Pre-heat the oven to 190C degree.
3. Beat eggs with sugar in a medium bowl until creamy (about 3~5min) with an electric hand mixer.
4. Gradually add the flour and mix the batter until all the lumps are gone, using spatula.
5. In a small cup, add butter and milk and microwave for 10 to 15 sec at 600w. Mix to melt. Then add into the mixture (#4). Scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure all the ingredients have been incorporated evenly.
6. Pour the batter onto the prepared sheet pan and spread into an even layer. Flatten the surface with the spatula.
7. Bake for about 10~12min or until light golden in color.
8. Remove from the oven, immediately loosen the edges of the cake from the pan gently. Flip the cake upside down. Peel off the parchment paper you just used for baking (you could even use printing paper sheets). Let the cake cool completely.
9. Place the sponge cake onto the plate you are going to use. Then spread coffee onto the cake evenly. Let it cool down to room temperature. Using a sieve, dust the cocoa powder (mix with 1 tsp coffee powder) over the cake.
10. In a bowl, add mascarpone, cream cheese and sugar. Beat until just combined and smooth. Gently fold the whipped cream (soft-peak) into the cream mixture and mix well.
11. Spread the cream mixture over the sponge cake. Dust the top with cocoa powder.
12. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before serving.
1. In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Cook onion until soft and add beef, tomato. Stir-fry until meat is no more pink.
2. Add all ingredients A and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20min. Remove the lid and cook for about 10min more. Let it cool and set aside.
3. *Make white cream* Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan, then add the flour. Stir continuously until the mixture is smooth. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the milk (a little at a time), stirring constantly. The mix will be a doughy paste at first. Keep adding milk gradually (avoid lumps). When all milk is added, reduce the heat to low to simmer, stirring constantly for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt.
4. Spread a spoonful of the meat sauce and white sauce over the base of a baking dish. Arrange the zucchini, cover with pasta sheets. Repeat the layers : white sauce, meat, zucchini, pasta, twice more. Finish with meat sauce and then, last, white cream sauce.
5. Sprinkle grated cheese. Pre-heat the oven to 190℃.