1. Add all the ingredients in the pan of your bread machine. Add yeast in the yeast compartment. Select dough cycle and press start as per manufacturer's instructions.
2. When the dough cycle is complete, remove it from the machine and place it on a floured surface.
3. Punch the dough down and divide it in 6 pieces. Cover it with a dry cloth. Let it rest for about 15min.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough back and forth, shaping it into a flat oval. Arrange on lined baking trays. Slash cut each in the middle, using a bread Scraper. Cover and let rise for 40~60min in a warm place or until the dough has doubled in volume.
5. With a pastry brush, gently brush the surface with egg.
6. Gently place each sausage on the bread.
7. Pour mayonnaise and ketchup and sprinkle aonori or basil (the one you like).
8. Bake in a preheated 180℃ oven for about 12 min. Remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
1. Making takoyaki mixture In a big bowl, add eggs and mix. Gradually add the water in the bowl. Mix well.
2. Add the sifted flour into the bowl and stir together until no lumps remain.
3. Add all the ingredient A and mix well. Set aside until use.
4. Making takoyaki Heat your takoyaki machine to medium heat. Brush the pan with vegetable oil all over.
5. Put cabbage, sausage (or octopus) in each hole, then pour the takoyaki mixture to fill the holes. The mixture should overflow the holes.
6. Sprinkle any other filling as you like (tenkasu, beni shoga, cheese etc....).
7. When the bottom of the takoyaki balls has hardened a little (usually after 2~3min), turn each piece about 90 degree. The mixture will flow out to become the other side of the takoyaki ball. Keep turning constantly until you have made nice round shapes.
8. Transfer takoyaki onto a plate. Serve hot with takoyaki sauce, mayonnaise. Sprinkle katsuobushi, aonori if you want.