1. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and cook the pork belly until both sides are nicely browned. Add carrot, potato and onion and cook for a few minutes. Set aside.
2. In a big cooking pot, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and fry the yellow paste from #2 (it will be about 250g) for about 3 minutes or until fragrant over medium heat.
3. Add coconuts milk and mix well, then add water.
4. Add the cooked pork and vegetables (but not the green bell pepper yet). Bring it to a boil. Once it is boiling, add the fish sauce and coconut sugar, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 3 to 5 min over low heat with the lid on.
5. Lift the lid, and red (or green) bell pepper. Bring it to a boil. (A dash of salt if necesarry to your taste.)
1. Make the sauce In a small cooking pan, add all the sauce ingredients and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 min. Set aside.
2. Make the pad thai Lightly coat the tofu with corn starch. In a wok or a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Fry the tofu on both sides until lightly browned. Set aside.
3. In the same wok, add another tbsp of vegetable oil and fry the garlic and shallot until fragrant. Add shrimps and cook until they just change color.
4. Add the beaten egg and cook until just barely set. Add the rice noodles and the tamarind sauce from #1. Cook until the noodles just become soft.
5. Add bean sprouts, garlic chives, cooked tofu and fry it all together for a few minutes or until it has just wilted. Do not overcook.
Sprinkle some chopped peanuts if you like them and serve hot!
1. Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a fying-pan, cook pork (or chicken) until almost cooked. Then add eggplants and continue cooking until lightly wilted. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a cooking pot over medium heat. Saute garlic uand ginger until fragrant and add the homemade green curry paste, cook until aromatic (about 3 min), add the coconut milk and water.
3. cooked pork and eggplant mix (from step1), and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and let it simmer for about 5 mins.
4. Add fish sauce and mix. Sprinkle a dash of salt if need to your taste.
5. Finally add the red or green bell pepper and baby corn. Bring it to a quick boil.
1. In a bowl, combine all the seasoning ingredients. Add the chicken meat and let it marinate for at least one hour or refrigerate up to 48 hours.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a fry pan over medium heat and place chicken skin side down, shaking off excess marinade from the chicken. Cook each side until golden brown. Reduce the heat to low and cover, simmer for about 3 min.
3. Add the remaining of the marinade and cook for a few more minutes.