250g All-purpose flour or ( 125 g cake flour and 125g bread flour ) or (242g / T45 and 8g gluten powder)
150g unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 tsp fine salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
150g brown sugar
80g granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla paste ( or vanilla extract )
1 tsp cocoa powder unsweetened (optional)
1 tsp grand marnier
180~200g semi-sweet chocolate chips or any chocolate (milk, white, black) - cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
2. Mix together all dry ingredients, flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder.
3. Microwave the butter for about 30-40 seconds (600w) to just barely melt it. Put the melted butter, coconut oil and sugars into a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer until creamy. Add the egg, maple syrup, vanilla, grand marnier and beat them at medium speed beating well after each addition.
4. Sieve the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt over the mixture. mix in with a wooden spoon. Stir in the chocolate chips.
(Important : Store dough in an air tight container for about at least 2 hours in refrigerator before baking. )
5. Place small mounds of the mixture about 2 inches apart by using a teaspoon on the baking trays. Bake 9-10 minutes but do not over bake.
6. Remove from the oven and cool on trays. Store in an airtight container.