1. Roll up the pork belly and tie up with a cooking string.
2. Place the pork, green parts of a leek, garlic, and ginger in a large cooking pot. Pour enough water to cover the pork (I added about 3L this time).
3. Cook over high heat and bring it to a boil. Skim off any foam from the surface, then reduce the heat to low. Cover with aluminium and simmer for 2 hours, turning the pork occasionally (lowest heat).
4. Meanwhile we make the marinade sauce! In a small cooking pot, add all the marinade sauce ingredients except the grated garlic. Heat over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil. Remove from the heat and set is aside until the pork is ready.
5.After the 2 hour simmering Transfer the marinade sauce into a bowl and add the grated garlic. Take the pork out and place it on a plate. Don't throw away the broth, if you make Ramen :). Roast the outside of the pork with a cooking torch if you can.
6. Transfer the pork into the marinade sauce and coat it on all sides with it. Let it sit until it cools to room temperature.
7. Transfer the pork and sauce into a zip-lock back and marinate overnight in the fridge.
8.Next Day Transfer onto a cutting board, remove the thread and slice :)
Use it for ramen topping, char siu don or fried-rice!
Note : Keep the broth in which you boiled the pork if you are making ramen.