1. In a small pan, add the ingredient A. Bring to a boil. Set aside, this is the sushi vinegar.
2. Wash the rice well and drain. Transfer the rice in the rice cooker bowl and add water. Press to start. Once it is done, let the rice set in for about 10min.
3. Transfer the rice to a sushi rice mixing tub or a medium size bowl. Pour sushi vinegar over the rice. Slice mix the rice with a rice paddle gently to combine vinegar and rice together well. Add white sesame and mix. Let it cool down.
4.Egg Whisk the eggs, add sugar and salt. Whisk to combine well. Heat a non-stick frying pan and grease it, wipe off the excess oil. Pour beaten eggs to the pan and swirl the pan to cover the surface of the pan in a thin layer. Cook until just set, then flip over and cook for a few seconds. Transfer the egg to a plate to let cool. When it is cooled, roll up and cut into thin ribbons. Set aside.
5.Crab sticks In a small bowl, add crab and mix with mayonnaise. Set aside.
6. Arrange sushi with all the toppings you’ve prepared. Decorate your chirashi sushi as you like! (Here is was I did here : First I spreaded the shredded egg over the rice, then from edge to center crabs, shrimps, smoked salmon. Spread cucumber. Finally place ikura as you like.)
1. Coat the block beef with salt, pepper and garlic and let sit for about 15min.
2. Grill the beef (only its surface) on all sides until well browned.
3. Put the beef inside a ziplock bag, let all the air out, and close it well.
4. Pour boiling water in the rice cooker and place the beef packed in ziplock in it. Top up with more boiling water to cover the beef but don't overflow the bowl. I also put a small dish as a weight to keep the beef down.
5. Close the rice cooker lid and turn on the KEEP WARM function. Leave it for about 40min. The exact time really depends on the size of the beef.
6. Remove the beef from the rice cooker and let it cool to room temperature. Then wrap it with saran wrap and let it sit.
7. Meanwhile make the sauce In a small cooking pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and cook the garlic and shallots until fragrant. Add the ingredient A and bring it to a boil. Set aside.