1. Add all the ingredient A into a medium bowl and add the chicken to marinate at least 2 hours (or even overnight) in the fridge.
2. *Making Sauce :* In a bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and mix. Let is sit in the fridge until use.
3. Add flour and katakuriko/potato starch in a plate and roll the chicken pieces in it until coated.
4. Heat 2 to 3 cm vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Carefully add 2 or 3 chicken pieces (depending on your saucepan's size) and deep-fry them, turning occasionally, until crisp and cooked through. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil. Continue with the rest of the chicken.
5. Toast the cut side of the burger buns lightly, and spread the sauce on the bottom half of the bun. Then place lettuce (or shredded cabbage), chicken. Add more sauce if you like. Cover with the top side bun.
1. Add all bread ingredients in the pan of your bread machine (as per manufacturer instructions). Select dough cycle and press start.
2. When the dough cycle is complete, remove and place it on a floured surface. Punch the dough down and cover it with a wet cloth. Take bench time for 15 to 20min.
3. Divide it into 6 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball, then flatten to about 9 to 10cm across. Place the buns on a lightly greased mold or parchment-lined baking sheet, cover, and let rise for about 40 to 60 mins or the dough has doubled in volume.
4. Brush top of bus with beaten egg. Sprinkle sesame over the buns.
5. Bake in a preheated 180℃ oven for 13~15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
1. Wrap the tofu with kitchen paper towels and put it in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes to drain the water. Let it cool to room temperature and mash it in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and fry garlic and ginger until aromatic. Then add zha cai and stir-fry for a few more minutes. Add the ingredient A to season. Let it cool to room temperature.
3. In a bowl add ground beef, the drained tofu from #1, zha cai from #2 and the ingredient B. Mix until well combined and sticky.
4. Shape into patties. In a skillet, heat 1 or 2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Place the patties and reduce the heat to low. Fry them on both sides until nicely brown or until cooked through. Cover and cook for another 5 mins.