1. In a bowl, add yogurt, sugar, glucose powder, milk and heavy cream (vanilla syrup), mix well.
2. Set the gelato mixing blade. Transfer the ice cream mixture into your compressor ice cream maker and let it run according to manufacturer's instructions. It should take 40~60min, depending on the coldness of the mixture. In case, you should let it run until the mixture turns thick and creamy.
3. Transfer the ice cream to a storage container, and let it freeze until you eat!
1. In a small cooking pot, add all the soba tsuyu ingredients and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 1 min. Remove from the heat and set aside until it cools down. Then keep the sauce in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until soba is ready.
2. In a large cooking pot, boil a potfull of water. Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions (they depend on which kind of soba or brand you use). Or until your favorite tenderness.
3. Rinse the soba noodles in the cold water to get rid of starch before you serve.
4. Drain completely and divide soba among the serving plates. Garnish with shredded nori sheet on top.
5. Pour enough "soba tsuyu" from the fridge into a small bowl for dipping the soba and serve with a side of sliced leek and wasabi.
Asian & Wafu, Cooking, Egg, Everyday cooking, Fast & Yummy, Rice, Soup
180g steamed rice
400ml (or more) water
1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
1 egg - beaten
1. In a medium size cooking pot, add the steamed rice and water. Bring it to a boil.
2. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 to 20 min. Add more water if you like a more soup-like texture. The rice should be soft and thickened. Add salt and mix. If 1/2 tsp is not enough salt for you, then add more salt as per your taste.
3. Put the stove back to high heat and pour the beaten egg over the rice. Mix with a cooking paddle gently.
4. Serve in a rice bowl and garnish with green spring onion or another topping of your choice. I also like sesame, soja, umeboshi, furikake, konbu etc...
1. Add all the ingredients in the pan of your bread machine. Add yeast in the yeast compartment. Select dough cycle and press start as per manufacturer's instructions.
2. When the dough cycle is complete, remove it from the machine and place it on a floured surface.
3. Punch the dough down and divide it in 6 pieces. Cover it with a dry cloth. Let it rest for about 15min.
4. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough back and forth, shaping it into a flat oval. Arrange on lined baking trays. Slash cut each in the middle, using a bread Scraper. Cover and let rise for 40~60min in a warm place or until the dough has doubled in volume.
5. With a pastry brush, gently brush the surface with egg.
6. Gently place each sausage on the bread.
7. Pour mayonnaise and ketchup and sprinkle aonori or basil (the one you like).
8. Bake in a preheated 180℃ oven for about 12 min. Remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.