1. In a frying-pan, add the butter and cook over medium heat. Add the apples, cook for a few minutes then add sugar. Cook until the apple is lightly wilted. Transfer to a plate to let it cool down. Once it has cooled, sprinkle cinnamon powder (optional) and mix. Set aside.
2. In a heat-safe bowl, add butter and microwave it for about 1 minute at 600w. In the melted butter add sugar and maple syrup. Mix until well combined. Set it aside.
3.Prepare the mold
Place parchment paper on the mold and set it aside.
4. Put one sheet of Filo on your work surface and brush it with the butter mix from #2. Then place it in the mold. Repeat with 2 more sheets.
5. After 3 sheets are in, add half of the apple filling. Brush a 4th sheet and place in on top, over the apple filling. Then add the remaining apple filling.
6. Brush a 5th sheet and place it on top. Fold the edges over the center. Fill the gap in the center with more brushed sheets.
7. Sprinkle the remaining butter mix and some sugar if you like.
8. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 190℃. Transfer to a wire rack.
1. Wash the rice well and drain (do it 5 times). Transfer the rice in the bowl and add enough water to soak. Soak for about 30 minutes.
2. In the meantime, make the vinegar seasoning. Add the vinegar, sugar and salt in a small cooking pot. And cook over medium heat until almost boiling. Melt completely the sugar and the salt. Set aside.
3. Drain the rice and transfer into a cooking pot. Add water (640ml). Cover and cook over medium-high heat, bring it to a boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat (do NOT open the lid yet!) and let the rice steam for another 10 minutes with the lid on.
5. Moisten a "Sushi-Oke" (or a large glass bowl), and transfer the rice into it. Pour the vinegar seasoning in one go. Slice the rice, let it cool down, using a hand fan occasionally.
6. Once it has cooled to room temperature, cover with saran wrap until you are ready to serve!
1. Add milk, egg, bread flour, (gluten flour), sugar, salt, and milk powder in the pan of your bread machine. Select dough cycle and press start as per manufacturer's instructions.
2. After 5 min, add butter and add yeast in the yeast compartment.
3. When the dough cycle is complete, remove the dough from the machine and place it on a floured surface.
4. Punch the dough down while sprinkling pearl sugar and knead together gently. Then divide it in 8 to 10 pieces and lightly shape the dough into balls. Cover them with a dry cloth. Let rest for about 15min bench time.
5. Re-shape each piece into a round ball. Arrange them on a lined baking tray or in a cupcake or muffin mold (as you prefer). Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 40~60min in a warm place or until the dough has doubled in volume.
6. Bake in a preheated 180℃ oven for 10 to 12 min. Remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
1.Make the soup stock In a big cooking pot, add about 2L water and bring it to a boil. Once it boils add the chicken.
2. Bring it to a boil again, then remove from the heat. Cover and leave it for 1 to 2 hours.
3.Meanwhile make the soup base
In a heat-safe bowl, add katsuo flake, garlic and kosher salt and set it aside. In a small cooking pot, add leek, sesame oil and vegetable oil. Bring it to a boil and once it is boiling, simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Then immediately pour this oil mixture into a bowl. Mix well.
5. Add kobucha, chicken powder and boiled water. Mix well : the salt should melt completely. Set aside. You can leave it until the chicken is ready.
6. Using a cooking sieve, strain the soup base into another bowl. Press or squeeze well against the sieve.
7. Transfer the sieve residual into another bowl and blend it with your hand blender until it is smooth like a paste.
8. Remove the chicken from the water and cut it in slices. Set it aside. With the soup stock, strain once and add more water to reach a total of about 2.5L (it's about 500ml per person) then bring it to a boil.
9.Prepare the noodles Cook your ramen according to the package instructions. Place 2 to 3 tbsp (or more) soup base into your serving ramen bowl, add the boiled soup stock, then place the cooked ramen into the soup.
10. Top your ramen with chicken, leek, egg etc.....Sprinkle sesame, and enjoy :)