1. In a bowl add all the seasoning ingredients and mix.
2. Place the pork in a container or ziplock bag. Add the sauce (from step 1) and Marinate 24 to 48 hours in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 190℃.
4. Line a tray with foil and place the marinated pork. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven once and flip the pork. Bake for another 15 minutes at 200℃.
6. Remove from the oven once more and flip the pork. Cook again, 8 to 10 minutes, at 200℃.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Transfer the dipping sauce from the ziplock bag to a small cooking pan and bring it to a boil. Once it has boiled, simmer for a few minutes or until the sauce has thickened a little. Set aside.
8. Wait 10-15 minutes before slicing.
9. Slice the pork thickness as per your taste, then serve with sauce!
Char Siu is good for the ramen topping, also fried rice! Or why not make the char siu buns:)
1. In a large saucepan, place the pork belly and pour water to cover the pork completely (about 1cm more water above the pork). Add the ingredient A and bring it to a boil. Turn the heat to low and cook for about 30 to 40 min at low heat.
2. In a frying-pan, add all ingredient B and bring it to a boil. Place the boiled pork from #1 on the sauce. Let it cook down while coating the sauce on all pork sides.