1. Sift together flour and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
2. In an another bowl, add egg white and beat for a few seconds with a electric hand mixer. Add lemon juice and resume mixing for 1 minute. Then add sugar and continue mixing for 2 minutes more. Bowl upside down, the meringue should not slide out. Set aside.
2. In an another bowl, add egg yolk, sugar, mayonnaise and milk. Mix with an egg whisk. Then add the sifted flour, and mix with a spatula.
3. Using a rubber spatula, scoop out 20~25% of the meringue and add it to the egg yolk mixture. Mix well with the spatula. Then fold in the remaining meringue until almost combined (do not overmix).
4. Grease your round ring molds (I used 10cm dia and 4 to 5cm high.) or line them with baking paper.
5. Heat a nonstick skillet over the lowest heat and add a little bit of oil to coat the surface. Place the ring mold(s) on the skillet.
6. Fill each mold with the batter. Add about 1/2 tbsp water in the skillet and cover with a lid. Heat on the lowest heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
7. Remove the lid once, slide the ring mold off the pancakes and gently flip the pancake. Add 1/2 tbsp water and cover again with the lid. Heat it for another 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Serve the pancake with your favourite toppings (e.g. butter, maple syrup, whipped cream, matcha powder, ice cream, honey or any fruits!). Tadam!
How to check if the pancakes are done inside, poke the pancake with a bamboo skewer. The skewer should be without any batter sticking to them:)