Chicken Nanban with tartar sauce
1 hour, 10 minutes
For the Chicken Nanban
- 700g chicken thigh or chicken breast - trim any excess fat off and cut into bite sizes
- 1 garlic clove - grated
- 1 tsp suagr
- 2 tbsp cooking sake or cooking white wine
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 7 tbsp katakuriko/potato starch - to coat chicken
For the ‘Nanban’ Sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp vinegar (apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the tartar topping
- 4 to 5 hard-boiled egg - finely chopped (Add egg in the boiling water, cook for 9 min.)
- 1/2 onion - finely chopped and draining out the onion water
- 50g mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1. For the 'nanban' sauce Put all ingredients for the sauce in the small pan to boil it up once then just leave till it to cool down, set aside.
- 2. For the tartar topping In a small bowl add all the ingredient for the egg tartar topping and mix well. Keep in the fridge until serve.
- 3. Put the chicken and ingredient A (not katakuriko/potato starch yet) in the large bowl, and soak for about 30 min. Then, dust the chicken with flour, or just add katakuriko and mix.
- 4. Fry chicken until it turns golden and is crisp as in the picture.
- 6. Arrange the cooked chicken onto the serving plate and pour the nanban sauce over the chicken, serve with egg tartar topping.
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply