1. Boil potatoes in a pot until they are tender and mash them until no lumps remain. Set aside.
2. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and cook onion, carrot for about 3 minutes. Then add ground beef, stir-fry until no longer pink. Add the ingredient A to season, cook for a few minutes. Leave it to cool.
3. In a bowl, add mushed potatoes and ground beef mixture and mix well. Add pepper and salt to taste.
4. Scoop some of the mixture and shape into a circle shape patty and place on a plate. Coat with flour, then egg, and panko/bread crumbs.
5. Gently place the potato croquette into the oil. For the first 1~2min, don’t touch them as they are soft and would break up easily. Turn them and deep-fry until all sides are light brown and crispy.
6. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.