Prepare the sauce. Mix sour cream, sugar and heavy cream well.
1. Chop into bite size chunks, 4 potatoes, peeled. Place the potato on a microwavable plate
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size and quantity of the potato and the power of the microwave. Try at first for 5 mins. After that, if it still doesn't feel cooked enough, then continue to microwave them in 1 or 2 mins bursts. Check them after each time. (Note: It doesn't need to cook completely as it will be fried.)
2. In a frying pan add the oil and heat them at medium heat. Carefully place the potatoes into the hot oil. Fry the potatoes until they are crisp and golden brown. Remove from the oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
3. Season them with salt and garlic powder.
4. Dish the potatoes on the plate, then plop the cream as you desired. Top with thai sweet chili sauce.