1. Boiled macaroni in salted water until tender and then drain well. Set aside.
2. In a large wok, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and fry until fragrant or beginning to brown. Add chicken and stir with a wooden spoon until the chicken is no longer pink.
3. Add carrot and onion. Cook them until they become wilted. Add cooked macaroni to combine.
4. Add all the seasoning ingredients, salt, sugar, tsuyu and butter. Mix well, and then sift the flour in the wok to combine.
5. Add water and milk in the wok and add chicken stock at a time. Bring to a boil, stirring continually. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low.
6. Simmer it over low heat until the liquid (milk and water) evaporates, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Add some more milk if necessary. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Preheat oven to 200C degree.
8. Transfer the macaroni mixture in the oven proof dish, sprinkle cheese on macaroni and covered with the puff pastry sheet to fit on. Bake the macaroni for about 25 mins or until the pie become to nice brown color.