1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat and fry garlic until fragrant or beginning to brown.
2. Add onion and carrot and fry them until softened. Let it cool and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, add the ground pork, cooled onion mixture and all the seasoning ingredients. Knead them until the mixture gets sticky and smooth.
4. Roll out to oval balls shape. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high, place the patties onto the pan and fry both side until it gets brown color. Cover and cook over gentle heat for about 20min until meat is cooked through but not smoking, flipping it with a spatula to avoid scorching.
5. Mix together all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, uncover the pan, add the mixed sauce at a time. Simmer over low heat uncovered for about 15 mins.
6. Mix together katakuriko and water in a small cup and thicken the sauce with it.