- 600g cod fillet - cut into bite-sized pieces
For the marinating
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp crazy salt or fine salt
- 1/2 tbsp aonori
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 egg ( + 2 tbsp milk )
- 1.5 cup panko bread crumbs
For the tartar sauce
- 2 egg - boiled and minced
- 1/4 onion - finely chopped
- 60g cucumber - finely minced
- 3 mini tomatoes - chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp tsuyu
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1. In a small bowl, add all tartar sauce ingredients and mix well. Put it in the fridge until use.
- 2. In a medium bowl, add fish and all the marinating ingredients, marinate the fish for about 15 mins.
- 3. Dust flour onto fish and mix well.
- 4. In a another small bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Dredge each piece of fish in the egg mixture, and then panko/bread crumbs.
- 5. Bring the oil to 180C in a deep frying pan or a wok. Deep fry them for about 2 to 3 minutes or until they are golden brown on both sides. Transfer the fish onto the paper towel lined plate.
- Serve hot with homemade tartar sauce!
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply