1. In a small bowl, add sugar cinnamon powder and mix together well. Set aside.
2. Sift the flour into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, add water, milk, salt, butter (or oil) and sugar. Heat until the butter is melted and the mixture start boiling (remove from the heat just before it boils). Add all the flour and mix them to combine evenly using a wooden spoon. The dough will lump and pull away from the saucepan easily.
4. Spoon the dough into pastry piping bag with a star tip. Add enough oil to a saucepan and heat to 180°C over medium heat.
5. Squeeze the dough into the hot oil and cut it to release into the oil with scissors. Fry the churros on each side, until light golden brown.
6. Transfer them on the paper towel-lined plate to drain. Sprinkle the churros with cinnamon sugar to coat. Repeat this process with the remaining dough.