Bread & Pizza, Cooking, Cooking Recipe, Everyday cooking, Food Yummy, Japanese
250g bread flour (or 235g of T45 and 15g gluten de ble if you are in France)
1 tbsp sugar
4g dry yeast
For the filling
100g sliced deli ham or more (if desired)
2 or 3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp curry powder
1. Add all ingredients in the pan of your bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle and press start.
2. When the dough cycle is complete, remove it from the machine and place on the floured surface.
3. Roll the dough out in a large rectangle (about 30 x 40 in cm). Spread the mayonnaise on the dough evenly. Sprinkle curry powder over the rectangle. Put the ham flat on the dough.
4. Roll the dough up from one side to the other along the long side.
5. Cut the dough into about 4 cm slices, and place them onto the baking sheets, spacing them out about 5 cm apart. Cover, let rise in a warm place until they sort of double (about 40 min). Preheat the oven to 190C degrees.
6. Optional : Pipe the small amount of extra mayonnaise over the ham roll using a pastry bag if you like.
7. Bake them for about 15 mins or until they are light golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool.