1. Heat 1 tbsp butter or olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat and fry garlic at first until fragrant. Then add onion, celery, carrot and continue stir frying until the vegetables becomes wilted. Add all the seasoning ingredients and mix well to combine evenly. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, add minced beef, sauteed vegetables, panko/bread crumbs, egg and knead them well to combine evenly by hand.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a fry pan, and shape the portion with your hands into a patty about 8 cm in diameter. Place the patty onto the pan over medium high heat. Cook both sides until lightly browned.
4. Cook slowly (for about 30 mins) with a lid over gentle heat. Set aside.
5. Transfer the cooked patties onto the plate. In the fry pan (unwashed), add all sauce ingredient and bring it to a boil. Place the patties onto heated sauce and simmer for about 5 to 10 mins over low heat.