1. Combine all the ingredients for the steamed rice into a rice cooker and cook according to the rice cooker instructions.
2. In a cooking pot, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil over medium heat and fry ginger until fragrant.
3. Add the onion and fry until soft. Add chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink.
4. Pour water and add all the seasoning ingredients. Simmer for about 10 mins.
5. Prepare each serve seperately : in a small fry pan add 1/3 of the sauce, bring to boil. Add one beaten egg into the sauce. Gently mix. Remove from the heat and immediately place over steamed hot rice.