- about 25 cm x 21 cm jelly-roll pan
- 2 eggs
- 45g white sugar
- 40g plain flour/cake flour (T45)
- 10g unsalted butter
- 10g milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
For the filling
- 200ml heavy cream (more than 35% fat is preferable) - beat to firm-peak
- 30g white sugar
- 5g cremfix (whipped cream stabilizer) - better use this if your cream is less than 35% fat
- some of strawberry
- 1. Cut a piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom and sides of the jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Sift flour into a medium bowl and set aside. Pre-heat the oven to 190C degree.
- 3. Beat eggs with sugar in a medium bowl until creamy (about 3 mins) with an electric hand mixer.
- 4. Add vanilla (optional) and mix well.
- 5. Add the sifted flour and mix gently using spatula (do not overmix the dough).
- 6. In a small cup, add butter and milk and microwave for about 20 second, gently mix until completely melted. Then add into the mixture gently. Mix well to combine.
- 7. Pour the batter into the prepared sheet pan, Flatten the surface with the spatula. Tap gently the bottom of the pan to punch out the air.
- 8. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 9. Remove from the oven, immediately loosen the edges of the cake from the pan gently. Flip the cake upside down. Peel off the parchment paper you just used for baking (I actually use usual paper sheets for printing). Let the cake cool completely.
- 10. Combine sugar and heavy cream in a bowl and whip until firm-peak.
- NOTE : if your cream is less than 35% fat, then I recommend you to add whipped cream stabilizer (I used "cremfix" here). In that case, mix cream stabilizer to the sugar ahead of this step. Add when your cream is getting a soft peak.
- 11. Spread the whipped cream and strawberries evenly over the rougher side of the cake, spreading the cream at the far end thinner than the front.
- 12. Roll the cake, together with the parchment paper, then tighten the paper to firm it up. Wrap the paper firmly around the cake and leave it for a while. Refrigerate a few hours to set.
- 13. Slice to serve.
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply