1. First make the caramel sauce : In a small milk pan, add brown sugar and water (1 1/2 tbsp) and bring to a boil. Keep boiling for about 1min. Turn off the heat and quickly add 1 tbsp boiled water. Mix well. Pour this caramel sauce into each pudding mold evenly. Set aside.
2. In a medium size bowl, add egg white and sugar. Stir gently with a spoon until well-blended.
3. Pour milk into white egg mixture little by little and mix them lightly (don't get it too foamy). Add maple syrup and heavy cream. Mix well until well-blended.
4. Sieve the mixture twice. Divide the mixture into the 6 pudding molds and cover with aluminum foil.
5. Place the pudding into a steamer set over a saucepan of simmering water. Steam them for about 40~50min at low heat. Check regularly to see if it is done (solidified).
6. Turn off the heat and steam with the remaining heat for about 10min more.
7. Once they have cooled down, transfer to the fridge and chill before serving.