Homemade Ra-yu Spicy Chili Oil (Sichuan style)
- 5 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 15g fresh ginger - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp korean chili powder
- 12g dried chili peppers – finely chopped
- 25g sesame oil
- 10 – 15 cm leek – finely chopped
- 5g sichuan pepper - chopped
- 1 star anise
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, mix all of ingredients A and set aside.
- 2. In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the oil (1 tbsp) until warmed and add ginger and garlic. Stir until fragrant. Add the ingredient B (leek, Sichuan pepper and star anise), continue stirring until cooked.
- 3. Add ingredient C (oil, salt and sugar) and bring to boil. Let it simmer for about 1 minute.
- 4. Add ingredient A from step #1. Mix well to combine evenly. Remove from the heat.
- Try it with ramen, fried rice, salad, soup, or something else! It will give good taste, it is very spicy but also very yummy!
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply