- 110g all purpose flour (T55)
- 20g almond powder
- 45g confectioners sugar
- 70g unsalted butter
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling
- 180g strawberry
- 4 tbsp white sugar (depend on how your strawberry are sweet.)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 130g heavy cream
- 55g white chocolate
- 5g gelatin - dissolve in water (2tbsp)
- One point tip : Double the dough quantity (then you can use 1 egg) and you can freeze one half of it.
- 1. Process flour, almond powder, sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract in a food processor for a few seconds until mixture becomes crumbly : do not process too much as the dough should be crumbly.
- 2. Transfer the dough onto a work surface. Gather it into a ball shape of dough with hands. Gently flatten the ball into a disk shape and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate it at least for 30 minutes.
- 3. To roll the dough: Put a plastic wrap covering on your work surface, place the dough on it. Then cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Let it sit for a few min to soften slightly. Roll the dough out into circle bigger than your tart mold. Then place gently into your tart mold (or ring). Using a sharp knife, trim the edges of the pastry to fit the tart pan. Prick bottom and side of tart thoroughly with a fork. Put it in the refrigerator or freezer until firm (about 30 minutes).
- 4. Preheat oven to 170C degree. Line the firm tart shell with parchment paper or aluminum foil and fill it with pie weights/dried beans.
- 5. Bake for 15 minutes and then remove the parchment and weights. Continue to bake for another 8 to 10 min at 180C degree or until the dough is just beginning to brown lightly. Cool on a wire rack until needed.
Make the filling
- 1. Put strawberry, sugar and lemon juice in your blender and blender until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. Heat the heavy cream and white chocolate in a pot over medium-low heat, until it simmers slightly around the edges (not boiling) and add the dissolved gelatin. Remove from the heat and continue stiring gently until the chocolate has fully melted and is smooth and glossy.
- 3. Pour the strawberry puree into the chocolate mixture gently and mix to combine evenly.
- 4. Pour the strawberry chocolate mixture into the cooled tart crust and leave to cool in the fridge.
- Decorate with some strawberries.
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply