2 eggplant (about 450 g) - cut into cubes (about 1 cm) or 1 eggplant and 1 red belle pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sweet paprika powder
pepper and salt to taste
For the béchamel sauce
60g plain flour or cake flour (T45)
1/3 tsp fine salt
1/2 tsp sugar
100g or more grated cheese
1. In a skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add ground beef and onion and continue stir-frying until the meat is no longer pink.
2. Add the ingredient A and bring it to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 to 20 min. Set aside.
3. In a another skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil and add onion, eggplant and zucchini, fry until vegetables are just tender over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper, garlic powder and sweet paprika powder to taste and mix. Let it cool and set aside.
4. Make bechamel sauce In a medium sauce pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat until melted completely. Add the flour and stir them together until smooth. Reduce the heat to medium, and then pour the milk a little at a time, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and smoothens. Add salt, sugar then mix well. You have your bechamel sauce. Set aside.
5. Put it all together Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
Put half the eggplant mixture in the dish and cover with half the meat sauce. Put the remaining eggplant mixture, then the remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Pour the bechamel sauce over the moussaka.