180g chocolate (black, milk etc...) - crush into bite-size pieces
40g unsalted butter
100g heavy cream
1 1/2 tbsp corn starch - sifted
1. Pre-heat the oven to 130C degree. Grease the pound cake mold, dust with flour lightly and remove excess flour or line the pound cake mold with parchment paper.
2. In a small cooking pot, add heavy cream, butter and chocolate. Then heat until just melted over medium-low heat (without letting it boil), stir from time to time to avoid burning with a rubber spatula. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a bowl, add egg and sugar, carefully stir them using a whisk until just combined.
4. Pour the egg mixture into chocolate mixture in several batches, stir well for each addition.
5. Add the sifted corn starch and mix well.
6. Transfer the batter to prepared pound cake mold. Tap the mold lightly to even the surface.
7. Bake the chocolate terrine in a water bath in an oven preheated at 130C for about 1h.
8. Let it cool and chill for a few hours or even overnight.