- 2 to 5 eggs
- water as much as you need
- 1 tbsp katakuriko/potato starch + dissolve with 1 tbsp water
- If you want to eat "onsen tamago" just by itself :
Indegrient for the sauce :
- 80ml water
- 1/2 tsp cooking sake or cooking white wine
- 1/4 tsp hondashi powder
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1. Add water in a medium cooking pot and bring it to almost boiled. Once there, remove from the heat and slowly add water to reduce the heat to about 80℃ degree. Immediately add dissolved katakuriko/potato starch and mix.
- 2. Then gently place the eggs in the hot water using a ladle.
- 3. Cover and leave for about 15 min (for 2 eggs), about 20 min (for 4 eggs). Remove from the hot water and leave it about 1 minute. Then put in the cold water. (No need to add ice.)
- 4 Crack the egg into a serving plate (or bowl) and pour the sauce. Enjoy!
- Also, serve over udon, ramen, rice, or donburi with any kind of food.
For the sauce :
- In a small cooking pot, add all the sauce ingredients and bring it to a boil. Simmer for about 1 min. Let it cool, then chill in the fridge until you need.
You can enjoy onsen tamago either cold or warm, as your choice:)
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
what noodle dish is this ?
do you mean the recipe? you can find it here : https://www.atelierlalune.com/2018/06/milky-udon-korean-taste/