1. In a bowl, add butter (softened), fine salt and sugar. Mix until well combined.
2. Add egg little by little and mix well until smooth.
3. Add flour, and using a rubber spatula, knead lightly until the dough just comes together. Wrap loosely in plastic wrap and chill at least 1 to 2 hours before using.
To roll out the dough
4. Put a plastic wrap covering on your work surface, place the dough on it. Then cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Let it sit for a few min to soften slightly. Roll the dough out into circle. Roll it wider than your tart mold with a 3mm thickness.
Note : At any time if the dough is too soft, put it back into the refrigerator.
5. Place the rolled out dough gently into your tart mold (or ring). Using a sharp knife, trim the edges of the pastry to fit the tart pan. Prick bottom and side of tart thoroughly with a fork. Put it in the refrigerator or freezer until firm (about 30min).
To fully bake the crust
6. Preheat oven to 180℃ degree. Line the firm tart shell with parchment paper or aluminum foil and fill it with pie weights/dried beans.
7. Bake for 15 minutes and then remove the parchment and weights. Remove from the oven once, then brush with beaten egg. Return to the oven and continue to bake for another 5 to 6 mins at 180C degree or until the dough is just beginning to brown lightly. 8. Cool on a wire rack until needed.
If you don't use it for a few days, then place into a ziplock bag and freeze.