1. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add the onion and cook until wilted or lightly browned. Let it cool and set it aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the ground meat and salt (7g). Mix and knead.
3. Add cooled cooked onions and ingredients A (soaked panko/bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg and sugar). Mix it all well with your hands until it gets sticky.
4. Shape the mixture into about 8 patties. In a large skillet, heat 2 or 3 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Place the patties gently on the frying-pan. Cook for a few minutes until nicely browned and flip the patties.
5. When both sides of the patties are nicely browned, add about 1cm hot water in the frying-pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for about 5 mins.
6. Remove the cover (some water must remain) and add all the sauce ingredients. Simmer until the sauce has thickened (or for a few minutes).