1. In a big cooking pot, heat 1 tbsp oil, cook the garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add carrot and onion and cook until the onion is lightly browned. Then add the grated apple and mix.
2. Pour the water. Add the worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil.
3. Add the curry roux. You can use 170~190g or you can simply stop when get the thickness you like. Add sugar if you like.
4.Now make the katsu Stab the pork with a fork. Season the pork pieces with salt and pepper, then dust with flour. Now dip them in the beaten egg mixture. Finally coat with panko bread crumbs, evenly, pressing down gently. Both sides should be completely coated.
5. In a frying pan, heat up the cooking oil over medium high heat until it reaches 180℃. Fry the pork until both sides are golden brown, turning them in the oil once or twice. Drain on a plate covered with paper towels.
6. Slice the cooked tonkatsu into strips. Serve the steamed rice in a plate or bowl and place the sliced tonkatsu on top. Now pour curry sauce. Garnish with the chopped green long onion or with beni shoga over the rice if you like.