Eggplant and tomato sauce pasta
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 1 shallot - finely chopped
- 1 eggplant - cut into small size square pieces (about 1cm)
- 50ml cooking sake or cooking white wine
- 1 canned tomatoes - diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g of your favorite pasta
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pepper and salt
- 1. In a frying-pan, heat 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil and fry the garlic until fragrant. Add the shallot and stir fry for a few minutes.
- 2. Add the eggplants and cook until wilted.
- 3. Add the cooking sake, canned tomatoes, sugar, salt and tomato paste. Bring it to a boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20min (no need to cover).
- 4. Add another 2 tbsp olive oil. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- 5. Meanwhile boil the pasta according to the packet instructions until al dente, and drain.
- 6. Add the boiled pasta to the sauce and toss until well coated.
- 7. Serve into bowls immediately. Top with grated cheese (your choice) as much as you want. Enjoy!
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply