Soft Haiji White Buns (bread)
1 hour, 15 minutes
1 hour, 30 minutes
- 200g bread flour (or 195g/T65 and 5g/gluten flour)
- 3g kosher salt
- 10g sugar
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp glucose syrup
- 150g milk
- 3g dry yeast
- 1. Add all the ingredients in the pan of your bread machine. Add yeast in the yeast compartment. Select dough cycle and press start as per manufacturer's instructions.
- 2. When the dough cycle is complete, remove the dough from the machine and place on a floured surface.
- 3. Punch the dough down and divide it in 6 pieces. Place in a oven tray with a baking sheet, seam side facing downwards. Use a damp towel (cloth) to cover the bread dough. Let them rest for about 15min.
- 4. Re-Shape each piece into a round ball with a line in the middle of the bun, using a stick (eg. chopsticks). Arrange on lined baking trays. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 40~60min in a warm place or until the dough has doubled in volume. Lightly sprinkle flour over the bread, using a cooking sieve.
- 5. Preheat the oven to 180℃ degree. Reduce the heat to 150℃ degree and bake for about 15 min. Remove from the oven and let it cool down on a wire rack.
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
If you don’t have a bread machine :
Leave a Reply