1.making strawberry puree In a small sauce pan, combine strawberries (80g) and sugar (20g). Bring to a low boil and cook until syrupy. Remove from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
2. Once it has cooled, pour the strawberry mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
3.making crepe dough In a bowl whisk together eggs, sugar and salt, using an egg whisk. Pour the milk into the egg mixture slowly, gradually and mix well.
4. Add the sifted flour and wheat starch and mix well until the batter is integrated.
5. Strain the crepe mixture through a fine sieve. Add the strawberry puree and mix. Add also food coloring if you want the dough to have a more red color (optional). Then add the melted butter and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for about 30min~1h or even overnight.
Cooking the crepes :
6. Set a non-stick frying pan (about 20cm) on medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, brush with oil and remove excess with a paper towel (a thin application, only the first time is fine). Pour enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan and swirl it to coat evenly.
7. Once the batter is dry and the edges start to brown, flip the crepe with your hand. Let it cook on the other side for a few seconds. Then transfer to a plate to cool down. Set aside. Repeat until you finish all the batter.
8. Once cooled completely, use an about 18cm round plate or a cake bottom as a guide and cut off the crepe in excess.
Putting it all together :
9. Whip chilled Whipping Cream (400ml) for a few seconds, add granulated sugar (60g), and beat until stiff peaks form.
NOTE : if your cream is less than 35% fat, I recommend you to add whipped cream stabilizer (I used "cremfix" here). In that case, mix the cream stabilizer to the sugar ahead of this step. Add when your cream is getting a soft peak.
10. Now spread a good amount of cream evenly over one crepe. Cover with another crepe and repeat until all have been used. Place "thinly sliced strawberries" within a few layers, not all the layers.
11. Let it chill in the fridge for a few hours until it has set. Dust with some powdered sugar over the cake to decorate.