Shoyu Senbei - Senbei with soy sauce
about 10 senbei
- 20g rice flour
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp white sesame
- 20ml boiled water
- 150g steamed japanese rice (reheat with a microwave if was frozen)
For the dipping :
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 sheet of nori/seaweed - cut into small pieces
- 1. In a heat-safe bowl, add rice flour, sugar, grated parmesan and salt. Mix well.
- 2. Slowly pour the boiled water, using a cooking scale to help you add the right quantity. Mix with a silicone spatula until it comes together.
- 3. Add the steamed rice (microwave it for 30 sec at 600W if it was frozen) and sesame. Knead with your hand (or a spatula) until well combined. Pre-heat the oven to 200℃.
- 4. Spoon some rice mixture (about 1 to 2 tbsp) and make it into a ball, then flatten it with your hand. Make it even thinner, using your fingers. Place on a baking sheet on an oven tray. Repeat until you have used up all the rice mixture.
- NOTE : a thinner senbei will be crispier.
- 5. In a small bowl, add the dipping ingredients (soy sauce, mirin and sugar) and mix. Set aside.
- 6. Bake senbei 10 min, pull it out from the oven once and flip them all once. Brush the dipping sauce from #5 onto each senbei and sprinkle some nori over the sauce.
- 7. Then put it back to the oven and bake for another 10 min.
- 8. Transfer to a wire rack.
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Thank you so much for this great recipe. I was looking long time for a recipe to replicate the delicious rice crackers.
But I also added sauce and nori from the other side to increase flavor.
Dans La Lune says
You’re welcome, I am glad you liked it!