Black garlic oil - Ma-yu oil (Mayu oil)
Half of jam bar
- 50g garlic - thinly sliced
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 20g lard
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1. Toast garlic slices with your toaster or oven about 10 to 15 min at 170℃ until lightly browned and crispy.
- 2. In a wok (or frying-pan), add vegetable oil, lard, sesame oil and toasted garlic.
- 3. Remove 1/4 of garlic when it is lightly browned. Then another 1/4 of the garlic when a bit more browned. Then the third 1/4 of garlic is removed and once more when the garlic turns completely black. So you get garlic in 4 different colors in the end, see the picture.
- 4. Keep the oil you used to cook the garlic. Transfer the fried garlic to a blender and blend it until it becomes fine powder, then add 2 tbsp of the oil you kept aside. Continue to blend until you have a paste.
- 5. Add all the remaining oil and blend until well blended.
- 6. Transfer into a jar of jam or a plate.
- 7. Pour the "Mayu" over the ramen! Or, as it works nicely too, on fried rice, miso soup etc.....
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply