1. In a heat-safe bowl, add chocolate (100g) and microwave for 1 minute at 600W. Mix to melt the chocolate. Microwave another 10 seconds if the chocolate is not melted yet. Repeat until melt completely.
2. Spread melted chocolate over the parchment paper thinly and put it freezer until firm. Let it leave until ice cream is ready.
Making the ice cream
3. In a bowl add egg yolk. Pour the milk little by little, and mix. Add sugar and mix. Transfer the milk mix into a small pan and heat up to 75~80℃ over medium heat, turn the heat to low and simmer for 3min, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
4. Using a fine mesh filter (your usual sieve will do), strain the milk into a heat-safe bowl, then add inverted sugar and mascaporpone. Mix well to melt competely. Let it cool down completely in the water bath.
5. Once the milk mixture is cooled completely, add heavy cream. Mix well.
6. Transfer the ice cream mixture into your compressor ice cream maker and let it run according to manufacturer's instructions. It should take 40~60min, depending on how cold the mixture is. In case, you should let it run until the mixture turns thick and creamy.
7. Bring out the chocolate from the freezer and crush them to even smaller pieces. Transfer the ice cream to a storage container, adding the chocolate flakes in. Mix them together. Chill until it has set!