- 2 big eggplants (about 500g) - cut into small cubes
- 50 to 55ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 leek - roughly chopped
- 400g ground pork
- 3 garlic cloves - grated
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger - finely chopped
- 50ml cooking sake or white wine
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet bean sauce/tenmenjan or 1 1/2 tbsp white miso and 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp chili bean sauce / toban djan
- 2 tsp chinese chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 200ml water
- 1 1/2 tbsp katakuriko/potato starch - dissolve with 3 tbsp water
- 1. In a small bowl, add all ingredient A and mix. Set aside.
- 2. In a wok, add vegetable oil (~50ml) and 1 tbsp sesame oil. Add eggplants and cook until it softens. Then transfer the eggplants onto a plate and set aside. In the same wok, fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the ground pork and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
- 3. Add back the eggplants and cook together with the meat. Then add leek and cook for a few more minutes.
- 4. Add ingredients A (mixed) and cook for a few minutes.
- 5. Stir katakuriko/potato starch dissolved with water thoroughly. Thicken the sauce. Bring to a rolling boil again and turn off the heat.
- 6. Serve with hot steamed rice!
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply