1. Wash the rice (wash and rinse, 5 times) and then submerge with water to soak the rice. Let it soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile prepare the fish. Sprinkle the salt on both sides of the fillet. Lightly rub in the salt. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the excess water from the fish using a paper towel. Place on a non-stick frying-pan (skin side down) and cook until lightly brown. Flip it over and immediately remove from the heat. Note: You can roast the fish skin with a cooking torch, it's nice. Transfer the fish to a plate and set aside.
4. Take the rice out of the water and drain it well. Transfer to a cooking pot. Add water, soy sauce, cooking sake, hondashi powder, kosher salt and ginger. Mix well.
5. Place the sea bream on the rice!
6. Cover, cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover & simmer for 10 min.
7. Turn off the heat (do not open the lid yet) and let it steam for another 10 minutes.
8. Lightly toss with a rice paddle to mix. Place the tai-rice into a bowl. Sprinkle on the long green onion. Serve hot!