1. In a frying-pan, add the butter and cook over medium heat. Add the apples, cook for a few minutes then add sugar. Cook until the apple is lightly wilted. Transfer to a plate to let it cool down. Once it has cooled, sprinkle cinnamon powder (optional) and mix. Set aside.
2. In a heat-safe bowl, add butter and microwave it for about 1 minute at 600w. In the melted butter add sugar and maple syrup. Mix until well combined. Set it aside.
3.Prepare the mold
Place parchment paper on the mold and set it aside.
4. Put one sheet of Filo on your work surface and brush it with the butter mix from #2. Then place it in the mold. Repeat with 2 more sheets.
5. After 3 sheets are in, add half of the apple filling. Brush a 4th sheet and place in on top, over the apple filling. Then add the remaining apple filling.
6. Brush a 5th sheet and place it on top. Fold the edges over the center. Fill the gap in the center with more brushed sheets.
7. Sprinkle the remaining butter mix and some sugar if you like.
8. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 190℃. Transfer to a wire rack.