Kakiage Donburi - Japanese Tempura かき揚げ丼
- 150g of your favorite veggies
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp cake flour
- For the tsuyu seasoning :
- 1.5 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp hondashi powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- 1. In a cooking pot, add all the ingredients for tsuyu seasoning and bring it to a boil. (mis and set aside)
- 2. Prepare about 150g julienned vegetable (from your fridge). Add sifted cake flour and mix well. Coat vegetables with flour.
- 3. Add cold water and vinegar into a bowl and mix.
- 4. Add oil into a small frying-pan to shallow-fry. When ready, start dipping the vegetable mix. Flip when the bottom side is brown and crispy.
- 5. Cook until crispy on both sides. Transfer on the kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- 6. Place over the hot steamed rice! Decorate pour the sauce and enjoy!
© 2023 Copyright Dans la lune
Leave a Reply