1. Add all the ingredient A into a medium bowl and add the chicken to marinate at least 2 hours (or even overnight) in the fridge.
2. *Making Sauce :* In a bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and mix. Let is sit in the fridge until use.
3. Add flour and katakuriko/potato starch in a plate and roll the chicken pieces in it until coated.
4. Heat 2 to 3 cm vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Carefully add 2 or 3 chicken pieces (depending on your saucepan's size) and deep-fry them, turning occasionally, until crisp and cooked through. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil. Continue with the rest of the chicken.
5. Toast the cut side of the burger buns lightly, and spread the sauce on the bottom half of the bun. Then place lettuce (or shredded cabbage), chicken. Add more sauce if you like. Cover with the top side bun.
1. In a small pan, add the ingredient A. Bring to a boil. Set aside, this is the sushi vinegar.
2. Wash the rice well and drain. Transfer the rice in the rice cooker bowl and add water. Press to start. Once it is done, let the rice set in for about 10min.
3. Transfer the rice to a sushi rice mixing tub or a medium size bowl. Pour sushi vinegar over the rice. Slice mix the rice with a rice paddle gently to combine vinegar and rice together well. Add white sesame and mix. Let it cool down.
4.Egg Whisk the eggs, add sugar and salt. Whisk to combine well. Heat a non-stick frying pan and grease it, wipe off the excess oil. Pour beaten eggs to the pan and swirl the pan to cover the surface of the pan in a thin layer. Cook until just set, then flip over and cook for a few seconds. Transfer the egg to a plate to let cool. When it is cooled, roll up and cut into thin ribbons. Set aside.
5.Crab sticks In a small bowl, add crab and mix with mayonnaise. Set aside.
6. Arrange sushi with all the toppings you’ve prepared. Decorate your chirashi sushi as you like! (Here is was I did here : First I spreaded the shredded egg over the rice, then from edge to center crabs, shrimps, smoked salmon. Spread cucumber. Finally place ikura as you like.)
1 lettuce / Iceberg lettuce - wash and drain, then leaves separated
20 to 30g bean vermicelli or rice noodles (optional) - cut into 5 to 6cm lengths.
0.!Preparation step if you are going to add vermicelli:
Heat about 2cm of oil in a skillet to 180℃. Deep the noodles into the hot oil. Fry 1min or until crisp (but not browned). Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Break up into shorter vermicelli before use.
1. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp sesame oil. Fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
2. Add pork and carrot. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Add mushroom and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the seasoning ingredients and stir occasionally to coat with sauce evenly.
4. Thicken over high heat as you add the dissolved katakuriko/potato starch. And now is also the time to add and mix the deep-fried vermicelli if you are including some.
1. Rinse chicken in cold water and drain. Cut into bite size pieces. Marinate chicken chunks with in a mixture of "Ingredients A" for 30min to 1h.
2. In a small bowl add katakoriko and flour. Mix well.
3. Drain excess liquid of chicken, dredge each chicken piece in the mixed flour and dust off the excess.
4. Heat some oil (2cm or enough for a quick deep fry) in a wok or frying-pan. Heat it over medium-high heat. Check that it is ready by dipping a small piece of chicken in it. We need it about 160℃. The chicken will float to the surface if it's hot enough. Fry the chicken bits for about 7-8min over medium heat or until it is cooked through. Transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil. Continue with the rest of the chicken.