1. Wash the rice well and drain. Transfer the rice to the rice cooker bowl and add water, safran and bouillon cube. Press to start. Once it is done, let the rice set in for ~10min.
2. Make the filling In a cooking pot, heat 1 to 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil and fry the garlic until fragrant.
3. Add the ground beef and cook until it is no longer pink. Add all the seasoning ingredients (salt, sugar, tomato paste, mirin and ketchup) and stir well to mix. Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. When it has cooled, add the cheese and mix. Set aside until the rice is ready.
4. Make round shape balls with rice, adding the beef filling in the middle to cover. Roll in flour, then dredge in egg mixture and coat in panko/bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining rice.
5. In a medium saucepan, add about 3 cm depth of oil and heat over medium-high heat and deep-fry the Arancini until nicely golden brown, turn frequently to get brown evenly. Transfer onto a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
1. In a bowl add all the ingredient A and knead the mixture until well combined and sticky.
2. Place a spoonful of the mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. Wet the edge of wrapper with fingertip. Fold over and seal to close once, then wet each tip and fold in half to close again as per picture. Continue with the rest of the wonton wrappers until you used all filling.
Advice : Sprinkle some flour on the wontons if you are not going to cook them immediately. It will prevent them from sticking to each other.
3. In a cooking pot, add all the ingredient B and bring it to boil. Set aside until the wontons are ready. This will be your soup.
4. Bring a separate pot of water to a boil. Place the wontons and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes or until they float.
5. Remove the wontons with a slotted spoon and put them in serving bowls. Pour the soup from #3 over the wontons and garnish with scallions.