1. Making red rice Lightly whisk 2 eggs. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a wok or a frying pan for a minute or so, then add the garlic. Fry until fragrant. Pour in the egg mixture and immediately add the steamed rice onto the egg. Stir the rice to combine with the eggs.
2. Add the tomato paste and stir to coat the rice, stirring constantly until the rice is heated through.
3 Add the seasoning (salt, seasoning sauce, sugar) and continue to fry the rice for another 1~2min, to sear in the flavours. Remove from the heat, taste and add extra salt if necessary. Set aside until the meat is ready.
4. Making the beef In a bowl, add all the ingredient A and marinate the beef.
5. In a frying-pan, heat 1 tbsp oil, then add the marinated beef. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
6. Serve with hot red rice! Sprinkle more black pepper onto the beef to taste:)
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredient A and the seasoning ingredients. Mix well. Add the lard (optional) as per your taste and mix.
2. Prepare a large flat tray with about 1cm of water depth (I add some soy sauce or cola in the water to get a nice brown color). Submerge one sheet of rice paper for a second, then lay it on your work surface.
3. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the filling (depending on your rice paper size) at the centre or the bottom third of the rice paper, fold each of the sides in and roll up till the end tightly.
4. Heat a generous amount of oil in the pan until the small bubbles appear around the chopstick. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add a few of the nem rolls and deep-fry for about 5~7 minutes or until nicely brown on all sides and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain off the excess oil. Repeat with the remaining spring rolls.